Invest Loddon Mallee
Privacy Collection Statement
Invest Loddon Mallee is a local government led service (Service) which uses an online portal to list local industry and government knowledge. The participating local governments are Buloke Shire Council, Loddon Shire Council, Macedon Ranges Shire Council, Swan Hill Rural City Council, Mildura Rural City Council, Campaspe Shire Council, Gannawarra Shire Council, the City of Greater Bendigo, Mount Alexander Shire Council and Central Goldfields Shire Council (collectively the Councils).
The Councils are obliged to handle all personal information in accordance with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic) (Privacy Act).
The information (including personal information) collected by the Councils, or on behalf of the Councils, when you apply to use or in the course of using the Service is collected to facilitate your use of the Service, including but not limited to:
- corresponding with you and attend to day to day administrative matters;
- communicating with you about investment opportunities; and
- assisting you with reports and opportunities within the region.
Other purposes for collection include:
- to provide support and information regarding related events and activities;
- for benchmarking, analyses, quality assurance and planning purposes;
- for the purpose of seeking feedback from you;
- to comply with any legislative reporting requirements;
- to comply with reporting requirements under the funding agreement for the service; and
- to use the information as otherwise permitted by the Privacy Act.
Some or all of the information we collect may be disclosed to:
- any organisation providing opportunities as part of the Service;
- your school or education provider, via the members of staff coordinating the Service within that organisation;
- your parent/s or guardian where you are under 18; and
- in the event of an emergency, police, medical or hospital personnel, civil emergency services, your legal representative or nominated emergency contact person or other person assessed as necessary to respond to the emergency.
We may receive personal information about you from other people or organisations. Where we do not collect information directly from you, we will take reasonable steps to let you know we have received the information. For example, when we:
- receive an enquiry or application for placement from your school or education provider; or
- discuss your suitability with the organisation providing the opportunity or your education provider.
If you do not provide the Councils with this information then we may not be able to provide the Service or some aspects of it.
You have a right to access personal information that the Councils hold about you, subject to any exceptions in relevant legislation. Should you wish to discuss the collection of your personal information you can contact us at [email protected].