Wurundjeri Woi-Wurrung cultural Heritage Aboriginal Corporation
The Yorta Yorta Nation
Dja Dja Wurrung
First People of the Rivers and the Mountains
First People of the Millewa-Mallee
Bendigo is currently home to significant state government capital expenditure on three key developments all of which involve partnerships with the Dja Dja Wurrung Clans Aboriginal Corporation.
- Galkangu – Bendigo GovHub – $90M
- Bendigo Law Courts Redevelopment – $152.4M
- Bendigo TAFE Redevelopment – $59.8 M
Each project is underpinned by a project philosophy to support the involvement of the Traditional Owners to ensure:
- Genuine collaborative partnership
- Embodiment of the culture and traditions of Dja Dja Wurrung
- Empowerment, partnership and language
- Honour and respect
Get in touch
Contact a Traditional Owner Economic Development Officer
Our region’s home to two key Indigenous representative organisations: the Dja Dja Wurrung Clans Aboriginal Corporation, in the southern half of the region; and the First People of the Millewa-Mallee, in the northern part of the region.
If you’re an Indigenous-led business, we invite you to get in touch. Learn more about current opportunities and available support.